Thursday 3 June 2010

Updates on scripts - plural - 3/6/2010...

Draft 1.2 of "Summer" is coming along nicely, I'm on page 92 (of 128), going through it by making hand-written changes, and it's feeling good to be able to increasingly see the wood and not just the trees. I'm also thinking of changing the name to "Summer Road".

I mentioned the other day that I had a new script idea - and labelled it a "mystery" - well the old creative juices have been flowing, and I've been gathering various pieces of local British folklore and legends for inspiration. I can't really give away too much about the central 'thing' about the plot though - so expect a lot of vague talk about this new project as-and-when I get into it.

I'm quite excited by this new idea I've had and it will extend me into fresh territory, and like every new script, I'll be able to bring on board all the new things I've learned about script writing along the way - rather than taking a script writing class that I can't afford anyway, I've been 'learning by doing' and gathering tips and information from different sources - reading scripts of movies I know well, and trawling the internet - and my filmmaking library of books on my shelves - for simple tips and guides. There's a wealth of information out there and it's all proving very educational ... ... so I guess you'd say I'm "self taught" ... or am "self teaching", rather.

Having already done the 'official education' route with my Film & Television Studies degree from UEA, and not being able to afford official script writing classes (as well as not being thrilled by the notion of more classes anyway), I wanted to take a different learning path when it came to script writing - so that's what I'm doing.

No comments: